Development and dissemination of objective evaluation test of the effect of the international exchange program
- Objective measurement of effects from foreign study/learning / BEVI / Causal inference / Quality assurance of educational / programs / Core competencies / Non-cognitive abilities
This project is very unique in the way the three collaborating universities cooperate with each other to expand the above-mentioned well proven approach to a wide range of educational institutions participating in the forum, as well as other universities and high schools outside the forum. The project will use the BEVI to objectively measure changes in non-cognitive abilities and differences between and within groups. This approach will contribute to the evaluation of international exchange programs and international education curricula.
In addition to the above, the Research Institute for Higher Education, Hiroshima University, has developed a model for rigorous evaluation of effectiveness by using causal reasoning by applying and machine learning. By deploying this integrated methodology of “Measured Scale and Related Analysis Methodology” to other universities, we will provide evidence-based quality assurance for international exchange programs.
Notes Regarding Collaboration/Participation
Not only universities selected for the Top Global University Project or the Inter-University Exchange Project, but also universities, colleges of technology, high schools, various organizations related to study abroad, and general companies are welcome to participate.
The following are the seminars that we have conducted up until now and those that we plan to conduct in the future. For more information, please refer to the following or contact the department in charge.
- ●July 17, 2021 (Saturday), 2022 spring trials application start View more
- ●August 18, 2021 (Wednesday), 13:00-15:00 SIIEJ Pre-Seminar (BEVI + Causal Inference) View more
- ●August 26, 2021 (Thursday), 9:00-11:50 SIIEJ BEVI + Causal Inference Seminar
- ●August 27, 2021 (Friday), 9:00-11:50 SIIEJ BEVI Seminar View more
- ●Mid-September, 2021 BEVI Introduction Seminar
- ●October 1, 2021 (Friday) 10:00-12:00 / 13:30-15:30 Prof. Yoshida (Chuo University) Initiatives: General students and resident assistants in the International Education Student Dormitory
Prof. Ichimura (Yokohama National University) Initiatives: Utilization and IR at the university-wide (first year – graduate school) level
- ●October 5 (Tuesday), 2021 10:00-12:00 / 13:30-15:30 Professor Meng (Niigata University) Initiatives: Career education for global human resources / regional characteristics
Prof. Nakano (Osaka University) Initiatives: Intercultural Collaborative Learning and study abroad programs / Focus on feedback to students
- ●October 14 (Thursday), 2021 10:00-12:00 / 13:30-15:30
Dr. Nakamura (Chiba University) Initiative: Study abroad for all students in Medical and Dental Campus
Dr. Yokoi (Osaka University) Approach: Comparison between high school and university students
Prof. Toya (University of the Ryukyus) Initiatives: English program / regional characteristics
- ●Mid-December to end-March 2022 spring trials in progress
- ●February-March 2022: Follow-up seminar for the spring trials
- ●February-March 2022 Training Workshops on the BEVI (in English)
Workshop I: BEVI Overview (February 24)
Workshop II: BEVI Usage (March 3)
Workshop III: BEVI Interpretation (March 10)
COIL BEVI Project Additional Workshop (March 17)
Time: 10:00-12:00 (GMT) / 19:00-21:00(Japan time)
- ●May 2022: BEVI developer Professor Seeley visits Japan for Fulbright Programme
- ●May 2022: Holding of BEVI Study Group/Council (tentative name) General Meeting